Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hide in Plain Sight

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised.  I'm used to reading murder mysteries and rough humor but this feel good book was a nice change of pace.  I was looking for some more books to download on my Kindle and this one was free so I took a chance with no real high expectations.  I was absolutely wrong!  This book was great.

This book takes place in Amish Pennsylvania. You have Andrea Hampton the financial expert from the big city looking to get her promotion at the company she works for.  She is called home because her sister Rachel was involved in a car accident. Her main goal is to come back to her grandmother’s home and talk her and her sister out of opening a B&B called Three Sisters Inn.  However as expected once she arrives there she is forced to rethink things that happened to her in the past and get over a grudge she has been holder for her grandfather.  Strange things start to happen before the opening of the Inn, to many to be consequential.  She meets her love interest Cal Burke.
 
Cal came to the Inn to get over his own demons in his past high paced life of being a Lawyer.  I must admit his story is not what I was expecting and eventually I was pulling for him and Andrea to get together. 
I felt that some of the book was pretty predictable (Andrea and Cal getting together).

The more I read though the more I was wondering who was behind all the issues they were having before opening the Inn.  I kept thinking that I had it down and I knew who did it and in the end I was completely wrong.  There was also a part in the book where I was sure Andrea and Cal would finally get together and I was wrong yet again.  So if you’re looking for a book that is innocent with some twists and turns this is the book for you.  I'm so pleased with this book that I think I'm going to download the other 2 books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment